There is an old saying: “Fail to plan, plan to fail”. Every household should have a basic emergency plan that covers:
What to do if an emergency occurs and you are separated
- If it is a sudden emergency, pick an assembly point right outside your home
- Outside your neighborhood if you cannot return home or are forced to evacuate.
- Pick an emergency contact person outside your area that you can text or make a long distance call. Everyone in your family should have this contact information with them at all times.
What to do if you have to evacuate
- Where will you go and how will you get there?
- Practice twice per year.
- What about your pets and farm animals?